ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB VS BFG nVidia GeForce 6800OC 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
the X800 XT is the only competition to the 6800, the X800 is about twice as good as the 9800, and the 6800 beats the X800 in most benchmarks I've seen (like 5/6 roughly)
I used to like ATI's cards better when it was the 9xx0 series verses the Geforce FX 5xx0 series, but the 6800's take the cake now

good choice.....i used to have a 9600 xt but I jsut bought a BFG 6800 OC from bestbuy........when i first installed it it was total crap....ran SLWOER than my 9600 xt....then i reinstalled windows.....that helped a little.....so i went over to www.guru3d.com

I donwloaded and installed the 66.81 drivers........haha 61.36 is what came on cd

after those 66.81 drivers YAHOOOOOO.....my card is a ferrari
so dont even bother wiht the cd get the 66.81 WHQL drivers from www.guru3d.com

...i have a fx5200 now
Yeah man if you look on nvidias website the FX 5200 wasn't meant for hardcore gaming..it's whats known as the mainstream model, just like the 6200 series will be, next up is the performance model which is the 6600's and then is the "Enthusiasts" which means you buy everything top dollar when it first comes out ::cough cough nvidiafanboy cough cough:: but yeah the 5200 is a 'mainstream' model, I have the FX 5700 256mb card and I've overclocked it a little and it makes a decent difference in games, it can play doom high quality 800x600 resolution, no aa, no af and it's completely playable, which for my lack of RAM at the moment isn't too shabby...

I'm going to have to check out those new drivers though, see if I can get some performance increase :p I heard the best ones currently were 66.77 and that the 66.81 drivers were still beta and buggy?

if anyone has any extra graphix cards im in the market... perhaps anyones old 9800 or even 9600xt or anything... sorry to post like this in here, but noone goes to shop channel ever...

sorry to post like this in here, but noone goes to shop channel ever...
Yeah that's why I doubt I'll ever get rid of this damn NF7-S2G motherboard....dude was going to get it and went with the NF7-S v2 because I know he wanted to basically hop on the bandwagon, he was putting a 2400+ XP in it and wasn't planning on overclocking, I told him 'Dude, this board will meet ALL your needs' and woulda saved him $30 :sigh: pisses me off when people could have saved money and helped me out simply because they wanted to 'be cool' and get a popular motherboard.

in terms of gaming, what FPS do you htink i would get in say..Half Life2...or maybe FarCry on high details with aa and af...or on Doom3 with high settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom