How to view content in my old internal HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunaldo

Beta member
So basically I got a new computer, and I've kept the main internal HDD drive from my old PC (because I've got photos and videos in there etc). The HDD had Windows Vista installed on it, is it possible to view the content in the HDD? If so, how please? Thank you!

It is a 250gb Internal HDD Seagate ( This drive was the MAIN drive for my old PC )

just take the cables that used to hook into it and attach it to the new computer. if it is an ide drive, youll probably have to take out or move the jumper in the back to slave to avoid some annoyances.

Just make sure you boot off of your primary drive, and not the old Vista drive.

You may have to take ownership of the files/folders in the user's documents folder in order to access them.

Just make sure you boot off of your primary drive, and not the old Vista drive.

You may have to take ownership of the files/folders in the user's documents folder in order to access them.

What do you mean? I should start my PC up and then connect the old Internal HDD via Sata? Sorry, I am a noob :(

No, hook it up before you turn it on.

Just make sure your boot priority in the BIOS isn't set to allow the Vista drive to boot first, otherwise it'll try and boot off of it and just give fits.

im pretty sure if you install both harddrives, it will detect that each has a bootable operating system and ask which one you want to boot off from. select the new one, then just transfer files as it will show a new drive under 'my computer'

im pretty sure if you install both harddrives, it will detect that each has a bootable operating system and ask which one you want to boot off from. select the new one, then just transfer files as it will show a new drive under 'my computer'

It'll boot off of whichever has first boot priority in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom