Dells or Compaqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't building your own generally cheaper? At least when built to compare with prefab machines.

Obviously its going to cost more if you build it to be the most powerful machine around.

homebuilt vs prefab

same specs - homebuilt is generally cheaper
same price - homebuilt will generally be a better machine if built properly
homebuilt with higher price generally means it will have much better specs.

It all depends how you build it. But for the average, computer illiterate person, you're probably better off getting a prefab, especially when you accidentally format your hard drive in attempt to see what "format" does......example derived from a true story regarding a friend.

I agree, built your own PC is better than buying Compaq or Dell.

PC not working for the second day after delivery.... sucks

If the PC needs repair, they will axe you off for a high price!!!.... leecher.

I would go with dell, i have myself a dell right now and it dosen't have any problems, but if you can, build the computer yourself

Its pretty simple, if you know what you are doing buy the parts your self and build it, otherwise get a premanufactued computer like a dell or compaq. My dad has had two compaq's and neither have had any major problems. If you are buying a computer like this from a company they will be there to fix anything that goes wrong anyway, that is if you get a good warrenty which you should if you dont know what you are doing. It really doesn't seem to matter that much, but I would still get a Dell if it was my money just because they are pretty much the standard and would have the most support/products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom