Flashing line on top left of screen after POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

winner9909

Solid State Member
My computer had been periodically shutting down. One time it shut down and would not power on at all until after i let it sit for awhile( wouldnt power on as nothing when i hit power button) then it started working normally.

Tonight i was reading a website when *poof* it shutdown and tried to restart its self.

Now it goes past the bios screen, i can enter and configure the bios but after that it just has a blinking line on top left of screen.

I unhooked everything except my HDD and my power supply and left in one stick of ram which i did try different stick combinations and still it just boots as far as this flashing line.

The hard drive DOES show up in the bios so i dont think its a HDD issue?

Does anyone have any ideas?

update.

When i changed the sata controller from raid to IDE it let me book up into repair mode?

but still will not boot normally.

When i try to boot normally just keeps restarting after the windows load screen appears

Please use the edit button, pencil symbol in lower right of post.

What operating system do you have? Did you try getting into safe mode? Did you try the RAM in different slots?

I would go more towards your PSU crapping out, but let's make sure everything else is fine.

Try booting into Safe Mode like MoM said.

If that fails and just reboots, then go back to the F8 menu like you did to get into Safe Mode. Choose the option to "Disable automatic restart on system failure."

If it gives you a BSOD, then please give us the words in all caps at the top, and the STOP code at the bottom of the screen.

I did try different ram. I am running windows 7.

When i turn SATA controller to RAID in the bios it will not start up. When i change to IDE it will get to the windows logo then restart. When it starts up if i choose launch star up repair it will go through that but will not boot into safe mode.

Please use the edit button, pencil symbol in lower right of post.

What operating system do you have? Did you try getting into safe mode? Did you try the RAM in different slots?

I would go more towards your PSU crapping out, but let's make sure everything else is fine.

at the top of the BSOD it reads

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

ERROR CODE STOP 0x0000007B (0XFFFFF880009A9928, 0X8S1C0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X000000000000000)

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check has a value of 0x0000007B. This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Do you have access to a Windows 7 DVD? If you do, boot off of it, and pick the Repair my Computer option. Open up the command prompt option, and type the following in:

Code:
chkdsk c: /f /r

I do not have the dvd unfortunately i am just running the OS that came with my PC and i dont believe it came with any discs.

It does boot into something called LAUNCH START UP REPAIR. It is running that right now though i am not very optimistic this will fix the problem. Maybe im wrong though.

Windows 7 Recovery Disc
Download either the 32bit or 64bit ISO.

Yes its safe, because I just used one today :).

Burn the ISO to a CD or DVD (whichever you have; a CD will work fine since it's small enough) using IMGBurn's "Burn Image to Disc" option.

Boot off of the disc, and follow my previous instructions.

Lol ok, well is it a recovery disk made by the manufacturer, or is it an actual Windows 7 disc? There's a difference: Recovery Disks made by factory is usually just an image of the OS as it was when you bought it, and doesn't have the necessary recovery tools like the Recovery Disc does.

No i meant i had a blank disc i can use.

That repair start up option got me into a GATEWAY restore utility. It is restoring to a previous date. If that doesnt work when its done i am going to try the download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom