New Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the G-Skill suggestion, I've ordered that today. I'll def look into that GPU as well. I couldn't find any reviews on the AZZA PSU either I just wanted to keep it all one brand with the case, figured if it turns out bad lesson learned.

Don't buy that psu, why waste your time, money and possible risk of damage of other parts on a crap psu.

I just wanted to keep it all one brand with the case, figured if it turns out bad lesson learned.
Unfortunately just because a company puts together a good case doesn't mean they know squat about what it takes to build a good PSU.
If it turns out bad I hope it is just the PSU that dies and it doesn't fry your other components, as has been known to happen.

So on the Ram it looks like they were out of that particular one, so while I'm waiting for them to get more in I noticed that on one ram its shows a 9.9.9.24 and on another it has a 2N. What is the significance of the 2N, and is it a determining factor on buying Ram?

you could up the cpu to the 2600k. i would recommend going to micro center, because theirs is only 280 (in-store only). i agree with everyone else though.

From Tom's Hardware:
2N is the command rate (CR) and is the time it takes a signal in memory to be issued to a ram module.

A lot of memory now will only run properly at a 2T or 2N command rate, 1T or 1N rates can be attaind and do perform better however stability issues can arise with these settings.
Pretty sure most RAM uses 2N/T now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom