Is there a solution to my multiple monitor situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosthotoothist

Baseband Member
Greetings,

My computer is required to do everything from graphics work, video editing, music production (both symphonic and organ) and just general computer stuff. I have a ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard with an NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX video card that supports dual monitors. Until I got involved with the Hauptwerk virtual organ movement, I had the monitors side by side above the work surface where my Kurzweil keyboard was located. However, when I built the console for the virtual pipe organ (it has 4 manuals stacked on top of each other just like a real pipe organ) I could no longer have the monitors next to each other. There is one monitor on the left and one on the right of the keyboards and are used for controlling the host program as well as the Hauptwerk program for the organ. There is no other workable location for these monitors. So what I need help deciding is this: can I install another video card on the existing motherboard and connect another monitor and place this monitor on the other side of the room and have it display what I see on the dual monitors that I already have? If this is possible, then I can create a comfortable seating arrangement for using the new monitor. At present, I have to place the computer keyboard on the organ bench when I am doing anything other than playing music on the organ. This is very uncomfortable to say the least.

Any information would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Have you looked in to dual monitor stands? (something like this)
Obviously you would still need the room to place them behind the console, they would need to be able to be fitted to the stand, and they would need to sit high enough to see over the console.

Roark,

Thanks for your reply; however, there is no physical space behind or to the sides of the console since there are book shelves and speakers there. Also, I would still have to sit on the hard and not so comfortable organ bench. What I want to do is be able to sit in a comfortable chair when I use the computer keyboard for things other than the music playing. My setup is in a very small room that is only 9' X 9', so I don't have a lot of options to place all of the STUFF that I have in the room.

Thanks again for you interest,

Tom

You know what you can do, though not perfet... Is get 3 monitors like you want, BUT when sitting in the comfy chair, switch the 2 organ screens off via the desktop properties... Then when you want to play with your organ, initiallize the 2 by it.

This would put everything onto the screens you want. I'm sure some nice person could write a batch script to do it via a clickable icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom