NEED HELP (Ultimate Computer Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gifted

Solid State Member
Hello, new here. I don't know much about computers, but I'm wanting to build an ultimate computer. I need help with pretty much everything. I want to spend under $3,000.

Here's what I'm wanting to be able to do with this computer:

1. Gaming (Starcraft 2, Runescape, and Counter Strike)
2. Graphics (Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, etc)
3. Recording (I also want to try to install a Black Magic Intensity to it)
4. Music
5. School
6. Job (Marketing and Financial Advisor type of stuff)

I want something that will do all these things in addition to the normal things a normal computer would do. I also want to have a sexy looking computer setup with LED's and all that jazz.

Like I said, I don't know much about computers and such, so I need help with so many things. It would be great if you guys could help me out, linking me to a complete build that would suit me perfectly, and last a long time! I want to try to have top of the line stuff, that can beat my iMac specs.

Thanks in advance for taking your time to read this, it means so much!

Here's what I have so far (let me know if the tower suits my wants):

Not sure if I should get this, seems like its pretty solid and looks good- Newegg.com - Antec Lanboy air Red Black / Red ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case

3 of these Monitors- Newegg.com - ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms Full HD Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ Speakers 300 cd/m2 20000 :1 (ASCR)

Alright, I think I will go with the Colossus just because I'll definitely need the most space I can get.

You could probably get away with a GTX 560 ti if those are the only games you're playing...however, your budget can fit a GTX 580.

I'd also recommend a SSD, either this: Newegg.com - Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) or an OCZ Vertex 3 120gb Max IOPS Edition.

Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
Newegg.com - LG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model UH12LS28 OEM LightScribe Support - Blu-Ray Drives
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (Might need to go higher depending on what you decide on)
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD7502AAEX 750GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (Could get two of these and put in Raid 0, or get a 1tb, or whatever you'd like)

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG BX2331 Glossy Black 23" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Backlight LCD Monitor Slim Design 250 cd/m2 DCR 5,000,000:1 (1,000:1) (I'd recommend this monitor...unless you like the built-in speakers of the Asus)

@Night Fox - So, if I bought everything you listed I'd be set to run everything I'm wanting to do? I've put everything on a list along with the 3 monitors and the tower I originally posted and my total comes to $2,150. I have room to upgrade if necessary, of course I don't want to just blow money, but just saying if any thing I need to improve let me know. Thanks so much for helping me.

I think you need to do a sli setup if you want to run 3 monitors or get like a gtx 590. You could also switch to an AMD video card that supports eyefinity.

I'm wanting to run 2 monitors off of the computer and the 3rd is just for my xbox/ps3. So, what exactly do I need to get so the monitors can be dual? Could you link me please? Thanks.

If it's just 2 monitors than the gtx 560 ti, gtx 580 can do it. At first I thought you were running a 3 monitor setup.

A GTX 580 is great however, as you said you didn't want to just blow money, you probably don't care if you have 100fps on Starcraft II vs 300fps, as you can hardly tell the difference. GTX 560 ti is just fine for the games you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom