Computer to TV for disabled gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a disabled friend (fibromyalgia) who has a decent enough PC for gaming (OC'd Intel Q6600, GTX260, 4GB), however as she has slowly become more disabled, sitting in computer chairs has become increasingly uncomfortable, to the point where more than an hour of use has become impossible.
She has a 1080p TV that I've successfully output video and sound to from my laptop via HDMI. She has an epic electric chair in the living room that is much more comfortable to use for long periods than a computer chair.
What I want to do is output via HDMI to the TV from the desktop (which is in the next room). The problem there is that the GTX260 doesn't have HDMI (it has 2 DVI and a weird RGB connector).
If I bought a GPU that does have HDMI, such as this, would it work so that she could game on the GTX260 but it's output via the GT520? And have the sound output too (otherwise I'd just use the GTX260's DVI and a long optical cable).

Yami, all you need is a dvi to hdmi adapter and a cheap set of pc speakers. I have done this many many times. The adapters usually come with the card. My gtx260 came with one that I use. If you need links or pics pm me. But there is no need to buy a second card since you just meed a $5 adapter.

+1 to this. Will work just the same (same quality/signal since they're both digital). You would probably just have to figure out something with audio, since using the DVI adapter would nix the audio portion, if you're wanting to run that through the card too.

I'm fairly sure I can put audio through the card by using the SPDIF connector (I doubt they'd have put on one on there if it wasn't going to work). Thanks for the advice folks :)

I do actually have a DVI->HDMI adaptor somewhere Thomas ('somewhere' being the issue but I can always buy one), I forgot I could do that. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom