PC: quad q6600 (G0) @2.4ghz w/ Ocz vendetta 2
video card: MSI R6950-2PM2D2GD5 Radeon HD 6950
500gig 16 meg cache hdd,
4 gigs (pc6400 ddr2) 800 mhz ram
PS: SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W
Motherboard: Asus P5K/EPU
Case: Antec Three Hundred
monitor: 40 inch lcd 1080p tv

i had this computer overclocked to 3.2ghz in the past but i did not do the overclocking. i recently got my mobo back from asus (it was shipped there for repair) and the oc specs are gone.

The voltage is at 1.32500v at 2400 mhz

in the past my rig was oced to 3204 mhz at using 356x9.

I used 3dmark06 and only got 12734 on 3dmark 06 vs above 13000 with the bfg 8800gt oc2 wih the processor clocked at 3204. i hear that the graphics card should be putting up numbers in the mid to high 20ks on 3dmark 06 and would like to get it there. i will also eventually flash it to 6970 once i get everything else running well.

3dmark06d.png

I had a few of those Q66's their a nice clocker on a good board. I would guess you could just change the fsb to 333 that would be a good start I know all the chips I had ran there on stock volts. If your lucky like I was you could pull off 414 x 9 for a healthy 4.0 but that'll take some tweaking of the cpu and fsb volts.

I had a few of those Q66's their a nice clocker on a good board. I would guess you could just change the fsb to 333 that would be a good start I know all the chips I had ran there on stock volts. If your lucky like I was you could pull off 414 x 9 for a healthy 4.0 but that'll take some tweaking of the cpu and fsb volts.

would just like to get it to above 3 right now. its summer and im keeping the air conditioning off for the most part to save money. i lapped the processor really well and reseated it and placed the cooler on it nicely. i used all of the 3.5gs of silver on it.

also for future reference would getting higher mhz ram help? my board goes up to 1200 mhz i believe.

again id like to get to to 3 right now with current hardware. i will upgrade the ram later if need be. one of my main goals is to get the reality mod for gta 4 and run it at 1080p with high frames and things maxed out.

i will post rig pics after ive started. :)

With the small increase in performance of say ddr2-800 and ddr2-1200 would be minimal and even if you could get some 1200 still it'll be expensive. Some ddr2-1066 would give you a little more room and be reasonable in price. But remember you can clock up the fsb to 333 and still keep the memory @ stock. That is what I miss about Intel. it is different with Amd I can't clock my fsb without clocking the ram too then I have to change the ratio and it gets hard to level everything.

With the small increase in performance of say ddr2-800 and ddr2-1200 would be minimal and even if you could get some 1200 still it'll be expensive. Some ddr2-1066 would give you a little more room and be reasonable in price. But remember you can clock up the fsb to 333 and still keep the memory @ stock. That is what I miss about Intel. it is different with Amd I can't clock my fsb without clocking the ram too then I have to change the ratio and it gets hard to level everything.

now for the stupuid questions. i thought myboard made it easy to enter into a mode to modify the values for overclocking purposes.. i cant seem to find what i need to do this. can someone guide me on how to actually get to the place where ican manipulate the values in the bios or something? thanks! im running off of a tv out in the family room currently so tis kind of a pain in the butt to surf online.

It's been some time but I'll help you out. What bios does your board have? I'll have to refresh myself before I can guide you.

@ Thomas, please quit double posting. If your post is the last showing and you have something else to add to the conversation, edit your last post (the edit button looks like a pencil).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom