Upgrade my HP laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a 32 or 64 bit OS? If you have 32 bit, upgrading would be pointless. If you have 64 bit... I would imagine you could, but there could be limitations on your MoBo. I'm not sure about those though... maybe someone will chime in.

Hey buddy! Just go to www.crucial.com select your machines model number and such and tadaaaa!!!!! It will let you know how much RAM you can max out at. Good luck to ya.

You rang? :lol:

It says on the HP site that you have an 8GB limit, What are you using it for? In gaming, anything over 4GB is overkill.

You rang? :lol:

It says on the HP site that you have an 8GB limit, What are you using it for? In gaming, anything over 4GB is overkill.

Listen to MoM on this! A lot of people are getting false info from the crucial site.
ALWAYS go to your laptop manufacturer directly.

And realistically there is no performance to be gained over 4gb ram. Tasks that benefit from more ram generally can not be done on a constrained laptop. If it were an i7 desktop then going beyond 4gb would be more beneficial.

I have 8GB on my system, but the reason I have that much, is that I run Virtual Machines all the time, even while playing games. So it gives me that extra space to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom