fantasy computer building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decent hard drive, but i'd go with Centrix-intl.com - Western Digital WD6000HLHX Wholesale Price, Ships Same Day! also most colleges have a thing where as a student you can get programs and stuff for free while you're in school... just download through a website. You could get windows 7 for free that way instead of paying for it. That how I got my windows 7 professional 64 bit on this computer... completely free of charge :). So if you drop the cost of the OS and drop the cost of your HD and add the HD I listed... that'd lower ur cost by $20 :p... you'd have 100 GB more and a 10,000 RPM on your hard drive, which is the fastest non solid state drive available :p... the velociraptor series hard drives own! Wish I had one instead of this crappy 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint :-/... oh well... mine costed way less and I have way more storage... it works... just wish it was faster and a better brand :-/

As for my dream computer... I'd probably some day look into getting a better case on my current computer, because the apevia x-plorer black/black has too many issues with the front panel... and I wouldn't mind having something that has more air flow. I would also like to have a solid state drive one day, but they are just way too expensive right now... and they haven't worked all of the kinks out of them yet either. My brother works with building and fixing and selling computer stuff... and recycling junk stuff people bring in... he's seen solid state drives go bad and not be able to work anymore. I would like 2 more 2 GB sticks of ram. Other than that... I currently have what I want... since I just finished building it in March :p... and the tower alone costed me over $1000.

A dual hex xeon on a Evga sr-2 and 12Gigs of ram is only 3500.00.

Ebay would really cheapen it out.... That be my dream... Or

A 4P AMD 12 Core setup..

That sure play solitaire.

Overclocking is alot more complex now than I'm used to. Just as 1 example...

not really... its still 3 things, cpu frequency, cpu multi and cpu voltage.
I actually think overclocking is more simple than ever with the newest unlcoked intel core series. pretty much just multi and core voltage. unless you are going for extreme overclock then you'll want to tinker with more settings.

@pyro
I don't get the point of a budget in a fantasy?
your build looks like a realistic build, designed for you :)
except I would change out the case, and get a dvd burner for 3 bucks more.

so now to discussing my build what case should i get? i like the case i have selected because it has a GPU fan and stablizer and you can also take the side panel that hold the mother and can upgrade much easier or add it on next post will my updated fantasy build

i would like a fan that is just for the GPU please

Since realistic budgets are a factor I guess I'd have to go with the PC I'm building right now. (with some near future upgrades kept in mind)

CASE
MOBO
CPU (near future upgrade to one of the new bulldozer cpus)
RAM
PSU
GPU(near future upgrade additional xfx 6970 for xfire)
SSD
HDD
CPU COOLER
MEDIA DRIVE(plus a few dvd drives from my last build)
Currently have all of the parts except for the CPU, GPU, and the HDD. Hope to have it up and running by the end of august at the latest.
Overall cost ~ $1700-1800 USD

i like the case you used kevin it has a big fan that is near the GPU area, it can also be replace with a even bigger one! i guess i will choose that as a replacement of my fantasy case ;)

i guess i have to go first
budget 1000-1500$

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior
$149.99
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$39.99
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
$169.99
Newegg.com - SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - CD / DVD Drives
$16.99
Newegg.com - XFX PRO750W XXX Edition Semi-Modular 80Plus Silver 750 Watt Power Supply
$129.99
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
$67.99
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
$189.99
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
$324.98 (combo)

grand total: $1,107.57

i copied the link name not the actuall link the link you want to go to is in my first post of my parts that has the working links xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom