fantasy computer building

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromania

Baseband Member
not sure if this is allowed but i thought it would be cool to have people post fantasy builds that they dream about :grin:. please don't just post just the best best stuff in the world please post a fantasy build according to your budget. example, budget: 1000-2000$.:doh:

you can also suggest stuff to people about their fantasy build like two product that have the same speed but one is cheaper making it so people when they finally want to get their fantasy build they can buy it paying less.:grin:

have fun!:star:

My dream would be to have my original Asus crosshair back and my x800xl. That was my first "perfect build" Man way back then it smashed stuff too! I dream about the good old days it's almost to the point now where I can't keep up. I would love to upgrade to an i7 but I'm shy cause I have to learn everything over again. My knowledge for the most part ends at AM2\ddr2. So I have been hanging on to this rig since I'm so comfortable with it.

why would you have to learn anything again?
unless you are switching operating systems, just piece it together, install windows, and forget it.

@pyro
I don't get the point of a budget in a fantasy?
your build looks like a realistic build, designed for you :)
except I would change out the case, and get a dvd burner for 3 bucks more.

well it is a fantasy/future build kind of thread, a course you have to have a realistic budget for a build you might actually get later in life.

@fat.clown well i haven't seen any case that has that GPU fan and stabilizer
(i can't wait for D3 too xD)

I had thought of doing a thread like this, but I figured it would just devolve into people creating enormous render farms :p

But here's mine:
Dual top-end 1336-socket Xeons
3 GTX590s in SLI
Three of those 2TB PCI-E SSDs that OCZ make
Top-end Lian-Li aluminium case with watercooling for the CPUs, GPUs and RAM
Maximum amount of RAM applicable; probably 32GB @ 2200MHz
Three Blu-Ray+DVD burners, just because
A separate custom-built NAS with five 3TB hard drives

And all I will do is play DooM.

render farms?
rules are yami you have to have a budget (realistic) :D

"well it is a fantasy/future build kind of thread, a course you have to have a realistic budget for a build you might actually get later in life."

plus if even you are think of getting all of that good stuff how much will it cost?
in this thread people need to to know what you might actually get for your great build so that you may be able to buy it for less

pyromania:1918220 said:
render farms?
rules are yami you have to have a budget (realistic) :D
yeah I didn't notice that rule until I'd written all of my post :p I also did an edit about that but it didn't go through evidently.
Anyway, my current rig (in my sig) is essentially my fantasy build since I spent all of my money on it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom