1 keyboard, mouse, monitor - 2/3 devices? What to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This here is a good example of the OPPOSITE of what I need:

Newegg.com - Rosewill RKV-2DVI KVM

It is designed for users that have a keyboard and mouse for each computer already plugged in but just want to use 1 monitor.

It does however have one really nice feature - the extended button switch, which I could use with my foot like a pedal - that is awesome (some of these things come with software that switches, which I'm guessing would be really effin annoying).

The only thing I have against VGA is that the cables I have from TRENDnet give off a really blurry video output. Sure I could get better ones, but meh, still need a KVM that outputs multiple USB's from a single source (not the other way around).

Sorry if I am getting annoying, but I just thought of one other problem - with these KVM switches that are BUS powered - they don't work very well with laptops I've found because of the low power output they often times simply will not function unless you have a desktop connected to one of the input ports, that is a persistent problem with TRENDnet switches that I've found is really annoying.

This here is a good example of the OPPOSITE of what I need:

Newegg.com - Rosewill RKV-2DVI KVM

It is designed for users that have a keyboard and mouse for each computer already plugged in but just want to use 1 monitor.

No its not. It is designed for 1 USB mouse, 1 USB keyboard, and 1 DVI monitor to be plugged into 2 computers.

Both computers will be able to use that 1 mouse, 1 keyboard, and 1 monitor.

Ah you're right I was looking at it backwards... I think we might have found a winner?

Ah you're right I was looking at it backwards... I think we might have found a winner?

All depends on your needs and budget, my friend ;). If one of those has enough connectors and has the features you prefer, then by all means try it out :).

I'm starting to feel reluctant on this one - many of the reviews say that the usb's don't work half the time ONE guy said there is a workaround... but I don't want to pay shipping if it doesn't work AHHH!!! lol

FREE SHIPPING (restrictions apply)
FREE 2-Day Shipping
learn more | sign in

nevermind! ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom