Upgrading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iB_Krypt

Beta member
So recently i went on vacation, while on vacation a lot happened, including this:
283940_256129191070550_100000204122983_1258734_6712917_n.jpg

What you see is an ASUS "K60I" I couldn't find this on the ASUS website.
(When i purchased i wasn't quite as savvy as i am today. I knew nothing about processors, graphics cards, anything when i bought this, and i wish i had found this site sooner. Truthfully i still don't know a lot about it)
With:
dxdiagf.png

(ask for anything else)

THAT being said I'm looking to upgrade as opposed to spending the upwards of $200 to fix a $500 laptop.

As my Taskbar shows, I play League of Legends, I also play Starcraft, World of Warcraft, and Team Fortress 2.
WHILE my computer can run these games, on lower settings, i want a laptop that can run them a bit more flawlessly.

Here is the one I'm looking at. (Not planning on spending more than $900.)

ASUS G60JX

Basically I'm looking for anything with a good graphics card,
and i was hoping to educated as to what Processor, Memory and other things would be beneficial to a gaming rig.

Post Laptop suggestions please! I love to have options and narrow it down.

Not picky as to the site, Newegg, Circuit City, Best Buy, all the same to me.

Edit: I'd also like to throw in that I'm not looking for some kind of MONSTER Laptop for $900. The K60I I have works fantastic for me,
I'm looking for something i can set the settings up a little higher and roll with it. And I'm not really set on ASUS, I just don't know whats good. I was looking at a Beefy HP Pavilion with a nice graphics card and a quad core processor but i was told HP is a ****ty brand.

ASUS K60I replacement Laptop LCD Screen from $74.99 Brand-new screens (never used).
$75

Amazon.com: ASUS K60I LAPTOP LCD SCREEN 16" WXGA HD LED DIODE (SUBSTITUTE REPLACEMENT LCD SCREEN ONLY. NOT A LAPTOP ): Electronics
$80

Asus K60I K60IJ 16" WXGA LED HD LCD Screen LTN160AT06
$90

I usually order replacement screens through eBay stores myself. Anyway, you might not want to fix it for yourself, but a working laptop can be sold for more than one that doesn't. ;)

Trotter! I was just looking that up lol, man your fast! Good call, Fix it on the cheap and sell it to offset the price of a new one and you can get something real nice.

Newegg.com - MSI GX740-434US Notebook Intel Core i5 460M(2.53GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA+ 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

not recertified, faster cpu, faster gpu, bigger screen resolution, bigger screen, directx 11.
should run all games you mentioned maxed out.

Never heard of MSI, Is it a sturdy brand?

ASUS K60I replacement Laptop LCD Screen from $74.99 Brand-new screens (never used).
$75

Amazon.com: ASUS K60I LAPTOP LCD SCREEN 16" WXGA HD LED DIODE (SUBSTITUTE REPLACEMENT LCD SCREEN ONLY. NOT A LAPTOP ): Electronics
$80

Asus K60I K60IJ 16" WXGA LED HD LCD Screen LTN160AT06
$90

I usually order replacement screens through eBay stores myself. Anyway, you might not want to fix it for yourself, but a working laptop can be sold for more than one that doesn't. ;)

Trotter! I was just looking that up lol, man your fast! Good call, Fix it on the cheap and sell it to offset the price of a new one and you can get something real nice.

I went to Best Buy and the Geek Squad idiot kept saying "It's going to cost you upwards of what you bought the laptop for." And I'd ask him to be specific and he wouldn't say exactly, really frustrating.
I knew for a fact it would not cost me $600 to fix a laptop screen, but I was actually considering fixing this and selling it to a friend, what would be a reasonable price for it, I would of course wipe it and reinstall Windows 7.
It was a $600 Laptop so i was thinking like 300-400. He was going to buy a ****ty laptop for $400 so mine would be an upgrade for his, and I've only had it since February. The only problem with it is i've worn off the 'S' Key, and you can't disable the touch pad, but I've never been able to.

--
I also appreciate the quick responses and apologize for not being quick in return, i was on a camping trip.

Don't trust Geek Squad for a minute. It is a very easy fix. I did it myself for the first time a few weeks ago. It's a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom