Large Quantities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myskillzownu

Solid State Member
What do you guys reccommend for desktop computers at a reasonable price that need to be ordered in large quantities for a school district?

Our Tech Director is gone in a month and we are looking for something much better than a dell.

DIY is out as comes the problem of getting enough parts and encountering bad parts.

Dell would be my first thing that comes to mind. But then you would need to know how to set up the network and all that.

Don't know where you expect to find higher quality in the prebuilt market than Dell! What makes you think they are bad?

Dell got in trouble for knowingly selling ****. They were using bad parts.
Dell used to be good with a lifespan of like 10 years, but now you can't go 3 without running into ****.

From personal experience running hundreds of them, trust me.
And I was thinking HP, but seeing how down-hill their printers went, I'm not to sure.

And Lenovo might be something to look into.

Dell got in trouble for knowingly selling ****. They were using bad parts.
Dell used to be good with a lifespan of like 10 years, but now you can't go 3 without running into ****.

What?

My GF who is very careless and tough on computers has been using a dell laptop for about three years and it remains as nice as the day it was bought. Several of the businesses we service and hundreds of our customers have dell units and I can tell you from being a tech in the field every day working on everything from dell to home-brew machines dell is about as good as your gonna find. Migrating from dell to something else will only leave you disappointed.

laptop does not equal desktop. but squaretrade did a study last year and found Asus to be more reliable. squaretrade is an independent 3rd party that sells extended warranties.

squaretrade.bmp

you can read the whole report here.

these are kids using them, so that can bring down the lifespan, but dont buy the cheapest computer they have. go business class.

What?

My GF who is very careless and tough on computers has been using a dell laptop for about three years and it remains as nice as the day it was bought. Several of the businesses we service and hundreds of our customers have dell units and I can tell you from being a tech in the field every day working on everything from dell to home-brew machines dell is about as good as your gonna find. Migrating from dell to something else will only leave you disappointed.

And I can say just about the opposite of that lol. I've experienced many problems with Dell's desktops as well as their laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom