Problem with windows 7 starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

techshawn30

Solid State Member
I tried to download service pack 1 for windows 7 and it failed. Pc started runing slow so I restarted it. The OS took longer to boot and some drive error thing popped up and it was trying to restore files or what ever was the problem cant fully remember what it said. When windows finally let me in all my pics and video that was on drive that OS is on was gone. I told windows to check hard drive again on next restart. It did the error thing restoring files and when came on things where back to normal and pics/vids was there. I backed up all new stuff. Few days later pc wanted to re update again. Same update fail reset now OS wont boot at all. I put win 7 cd in and did start up repair and still not acting right. So my guess is my hard drive that OS is on is dead and I should buy another hard drive for OS. I have 1.5 tb but that's storage drive so don't want to mess with that. So am I correct on drive dieing or is something else the problem?

Currently things have degraded tot the point having to use safe mode to operate OS. Normal way takes forever to even come on and then when it do it shuts down saying windows could not start up properly. Not sure I can even test Sea Tools out at this point. Prob going to buy another hard drive and see if have same problem.

You don't need to use the OS to use SeaTools. You burn the ISO to a CD, and then you boot off of the CD and run the diagnostics that way.

They pc I'm on now don't have a burning and safe mode on the pc that do is not running right very choppy and delayed like it have 256 mb of ram when it has 8gb of ram. I am on seagate.com on the download section in safe mode but not sure if will install. I don't see the iso version of it.

They pc I'm on now don't have a burning and safe mode on the pc that do is not running right very choppy and delayed like it have 256 mb of ram when it has 8gb of ram. I am on seagate.com on the download section in safe mode but not sure if will install. I don't see the iso version of it.

It doesn't have a burner? Or it doesn't have burning software? If it doesn't have the software, but has a burner, download and install ImgBurn to burn the ISO: www.imgburn.com

If you or a friend can't burn the ISO to a disc, install it on a flash drive and see if your computer can boot off of a flash drive.

Download the ISO from the link that MoM posted, and then download Unetbootin: UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads

Choose the "DiskImage" option on the bottom of Unetbootin, and browse to the ISO that you downloaded. Pick your flash drive's drive letter from the dropdown, and then click 'OK' to begin putting the image on the flash drive. Then see if you can boot off of the flash drive.

I will try flash drive boot. Friends with burner kinda far from location. I have 2 burners but they on the pc that's having OS problems. Pc I'm on at the moment is a old pc and no burner on this one.

Just take note that you'll need to most likely either change the boot priority in BIOS or manually choose to boot from the flash drive from the Boot Menu if it's not already set to boot from flash drive first.

I got the iso to burn is safe mode but when it boots from cd I cant select I accept or move pointer on the license agreement page. I restarted pc and still same not sure if its froze or what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom