Optical mouse VS standard mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked out that Logitech MX510, looks awesome. It was like $70 at CompUSA. Where's a good place to buy one? If anyone has a good link please don't hesitate to post. I'd like to order it soon, especially for $30!

Sounds like youve already made up your mind, just wanted to say that if you like gaming, the Logitech MX series are the best mice to get.

Old optical mice skipped, jumped, fritzed...basically everything you didnt want it to do. Thats because the dpi was way too low.

The dual optical was the next best, with a combined dpi of 800.

The Logitech MX series combined that 800 dpi into one optical laser.

I've been using mine for 16 months now, and its still as good as the day I bought it. The other nice thing about it is the back and forward buttons on the thumb side...its now very annoying when I surf the net with a different mouse. I NEED my BUTTONS!!!

Ball mouse gets dirty and all the dirt gets into the mouse and prevents smooth movement. I freakin hated them. I also don't understand how everyone needs the scroll wheel for gaming like Halo for example.. I never use it in gaming... however.... I couldn't live without that if I'm surfing the web.. and scrolling web pages. It's necesity.

i found a realy strange thing that happens with my optical mouse,some mouse mats with colors in them make the mouse go crazy on the screen i have three mouse mats and it does it two of them

Once you got an optical mouse, you rarely go back to ball mice. My personal favorite is the MS Optical Explorer with 5 buttons. Really useful for a lot of games like UT2k4 and SWG.

i use a microsoft optical mouse . i cant stand ball mice
you have to clean them its so useless and tedious
i used a ball mouse for 4 years before i finally switched im much happier since my old mouse was wireless it was a battery sucking ball mouse u had to clean every week

TheMajor said:
I have a cheap one and it is not very fast.
Ball mice are always faster than optical...they don't have the DPI stuff.

That is not accurate. How well your optical mouse depends on the quality of the mouse. I recently acquired a MX 700 wireless optical mouse and it is simply the best mouse I have ever used. Only the MX 1000 is better. The tracking capability of the MX700 is BETTER and FASTER than any regular ball mouse and responds quicker. You should really take a look at the product specifications on Logitech's website before you make that sort of statement.

Both the MX1000 & MX 700 have the same tracking capability. The main benefit of using the MX 1000 is that since it uses laser light you can use it on virtually any type of surface including glass which would not work with an optical mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom