new grafics card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hksperformance

Beta member
hi guys, im buying a new grafics card...
need some help knowing what to buy and witch of these two are best...

GAINWARD GEFORCE GTX 580 GOOD EDITION - 1536 MB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 (1749) vendas preos loja GAINWARD GEFORCE GTX 580 GOOD EDITION - 1536 MB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 (1749) preo lojas

GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 570 OC - 1,2 GB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 (GV-N570OC-13I) vendas preos loja GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 570 OC - 1,2 GB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 (GV-N570OC-13I) preo lojas

im running:

i5-760, 2.80 Ghz, 8mb cache, lga1156, 95w
p7p55D board
2 x 2gb ddr3 1333 OCZ (thinking of upgrading to 8gb)
NOX 600w Apex series
NOX case

thnks for help, soz for my ENG ;)

my main question is if it is worth the difrence in price and if i shouldnt get the 570 and with the extra money upgrade something else to get a better overall resalt...i forgot to menstion that im not going to use HD im using a TFT screen...thnks alot for any help =)

my main question is if it is worth the difrence in price and if i shouldnt get the 570 and with the extra money upgrade something else to get a better overall resalt...
It depends on what games you're going to play, and what resolution and settings you want to play them at.

i forgot to menstion that im not going to use HD im using a TFT screen...thnks alot for any help =)
I don't think you quite understand what HD means. 'HD' is just a marketing term for resolutions higher than standard TV resolution (480p). What is the resolution of your monitor?
Random fact: Computer monitors have been 'HD' since the mid-90s.

what i mean is that im not going to use any of that hdmi cables etc... dont realy know if it is important or not.... just want an opinion what is better...im looking to play top games at top performance...will u help or not realy? what u mean buy more powerfull?! only thing i understand about is combustion engines...and there i would know what u talking about more power....thnks for help hugs and kisses...

If you want top performance, then go for the GTX580.

what u mean buy more powerfull?
By more powerful, I mean that it has better computing performance compared to the GTX570. It will give you more fps (Frames Per Second) in games, and let you play games on higher graphics settings.

Do you know what connection your monitor uses to plug into your computer? It will look like one of these. Depending on which you have, you might need to buy an adaptor.
VGA%20plug.jpg
2995518986_9deb622bff_o.jpg

i use the vga conector but dont remeber if i came with any adaptor...but thats no issue any way .... just wanted to know if ill get that much of performance out of the 50 euro difrence between the tow...thanks allot =)

what eles do u think i can upgrade to skweeeez better performance...

if you use a 1920x1080 or greater screen, you should notice a difference with an hdmi or dvi cable vs. the vga. the higher quality cables should be able to be bought without a brand name or fancy packaging for a few euros.

hummmm, but my tft has the cable allready coming out of the monitor, what i cant get (and think i have layin around) is the vga to dvi adaptor so i can conect to the dvi output on the card...thats it???

thnks

peace and love 0>-----

I think Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card will get you 30 fps in any game on max settings and max resolution for DVI. Except for Metro 2033. Then you'd want to go to the OC'd GTX 570. Right now Crysis is the second most demanding game on the market, Metro 2033 the 1st. You'd get about 30 fps or more with the GTX 560 Ti that I linked in Crysis. You'd probably want to go with the OC'd GTX 570 if you wanted to get 30 fps in Metro 2033 on max settings and max for DVI. If you use VGA, then I guess 5770 would be all you need for maxing out the settings and getting the maximum resolution supported by the cable. (VGA is low-res, DVI is high-res)

If VGA is in any part of the connection, it will be low-res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom