Sound card setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, That one. Oh well then I'll Just stick to my realtek then. One more question though, How does the fiber optic output work? is there a speaker for that?! lol

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Yeah, That one. Oh well then I'll Just stick to my realtek then. One more question though, How does the fiber optic output work? is there a speaker for that?! lol

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

It's to output the digital audio to a receiver. This would be optimal for you because the receiver would have better dac's than your realtek chip.

Yea that one :), Oh well then I'll just stick with my realtek. So, What speaker do you recommend? I want a very High quality speaker but not over 1K. What do u have on mind for that? And is there Fiber optic speakers? like the digital output. If there is, I think i'm going for that one.

Thanks ;)

i think theres a noticeable lag when using optical out audio (that can be corrected somewhat), but i could be wrong.
Doubtful, since light travels faster through optical cable than a signal will travel down copper wire. You could be right, though I've never heard that myself.

i dont think that its a matter of how fast the medium is, as when were talking about 6 foot cables, it doesnt even matter. if your sound was set up with a 6ft string and a tin can, it would only be 6 thousands of a second lag. i think its the processing of the signal. cursory google searches makes me think my assumption is anecdotal.

Oh, I'm sorry i repeated the question, lol I didn't see the second page. So yeah, Those speakers look really good. Might be getting one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom