Harder faster CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the info you guys were after? the only other number is imedia 14523 uk - you'll be sending me for "a long stand" next lol

I looked up Intel and tried to go on the chat system to confirm this, they weren't able to, but were much more helpful than Packard Bell.

I looked in Device Mangaer for help and saw stuff relating to Intel 5 series/3400. But this looked like it might have been PCI/e slots maybe?

I also saw that there was an entry Intel H57? Is that one of the H55 Chipset family?

I also tried running Intel's software ChipUtil but that didn't help the Intel guy either. He pointed me back to PB.

How do I proceed towards a faster PC guys?

patonb don't backpedal any faster! The chain will come off lol.

Can't be easy giving advice remotely. Now I've got the motherboard details from the CPU-Z I'll try going back to Intel for compatability on CPU's.

I can pay a guy to come and do the swap but it would be good to do it myself as eventually I would like to build my own PC, Any pointers on how to do this? Switch off, install new CPU, boot up and hope CPU is recognised?

Is it specifically the GHz rating I need to look at or is a quad core i5 at say 3.07GHz faster than an i3 at 3.07GHz?

cheers

No, I was correct in thats a normal h55 board, the h57 made me double check... but its a 1156 setup. So it should take any current 1156 cpu, i3/5/7, as all the 1156 cpus came out at the same time. So no back pedelling, just a double check.

The swaps quite easy, Abit involved, as you'll have to struggle with the dumb intel push pins for the heat sink, but its quite simple. I wouldnt pay some one to do it, just watch a few youtube videos.

As for which cpu, it won't be faster per core, but as theres 4, it'll be able to do more at the same speeds. Which if the program can use many cores, this makes the program run faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom