new pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatPc

Suspended
hey guys im planning on buying a new pc and this is what i came up with what do u guys think about this build and will everything worktogether?

this build is not used for gamming but i can game if i want too

Case: white with blue fans SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver Aluminum Micro-ATX Case

motherboard: Asus F1A75-M PRO

CPU/GPU: AMD A8-3850 Quad Core 2.9GHz APU

PSU: ULTRA X2 750W ATX Titanium w/ UV Blue Power Supply (they dont make it anymore & theres only 2 sites that are selling them)

Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB x2 = 16 GB

memory cover to make ram look cool (buying 2)

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 2.5" 60GB SATA3 6GB

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

Network Card: Killer 2100

Monitor: Samsung S27A950D

Mouse: SteelSeries Ikari Laser White

Headset: SteelSeries Siberia Neckband for iDevices

Keyboard: roccat Isku

looking for a COOL looking CPU cooler...

I wouldn't use an ultra power supply.
I also wouldn't buy that Killer 2100 NIC.
Don't know why you need so much RAM, but whatever rocks your boat :)
with just 60 GBs are you going to be very limited on what apps or games you can install.
everything looks to be compatible.

Hey NatPc, I can't imagine why you would need 16GB of RAM for any current programs unless you are using a CPU/RAM/GPU gobbling video/animation program. Also, only 3 of the above links worked for me. It could just be me. Below is a link to the physical memory limits of the different Windows Operating Systems. All 32-bit programs have a maximum of 4GB usable in Windows 7:

Physical Memory Limit

Be sure to get a compatible RAM clock speed for your motherboard to avoid issues. If you get an unsupported clock speed, bad things happen.

Motherboard Details

Go to the above link and scroll down to "memory standard" to view compatible clock speeds. Note that the ones listed may not be the only ones supported. There may have been BIOS updates since then that allow others. You should be able to call the Memory manufacturer for more information. The motherboard manufacturers usually point you to the memory companies, anyway. I can personally vouch for G. Skill customer service/tech support. They are excellent.

I have never seen or read anything about that power supply. I searched for it and found it. It seems like a waste for a power supply to have shiny lights. That is opinion, though. My electric bill is enough without my PSU looking good. I urge you to be cautious about cool looking hardware. If something looks really cool AND is really cheap, maybe the manufacturer is hiding something...a fault or defect inherent in the product's design.

As far as the rest of the build, I have doubts about the APU. EVERYTHING these days relies more and more on GPU power. I'd suggest a GPU with a little more power. You said you might use it for gaming, so I recommend preparing for the future with at least something in the top tier of the mid-grade cards. Can you fix the broken links and give us an estimate of what you have been able to find the build for price wise, what your budget is at the moment, and what the most important components are to you? That will help the process a lot.

One final note: Use the SSD as a boot drive and get a second massive HDD for storage. My music and video alone is almost 60GB. I can't see how that will last for too long as disk memory requirements continue to rise. I promise I won't edit the post, anymore. :)

Regards,

Draco

Hey NatPc, I can't imagine why you would need 16GB of RAM for any current programs unless you are using a CPU/RAM/GPU gobbling video/animation program. Also, only 3 of the above links worked for me. It could just be me. Below is a link to the physical memory limits of the different Windows Operating Systems. All 32-bit programs have a maximum of 4GB usable in Windows 7:

Physical Memory Limit

Be sure to get a compatible RAM clock speed for your motherboard to avoid issues. If you get an unsupported clock speed, bad things happen.

Motherboard Details

Go to the above link and scroll down to "memory standard" to view compatible clock speeds. Note that the ones listed may not be the only ones supported. There may have been BIOS updates since then that allow others. You should be able to call the Memory manufacturer for more information. The motherboard manufacturers usually point you to the memory companies, anyway. I can personally vouch for G. Skill customer service/tech support. They are excellent.

I have never seen or read anything about that power supply. I searched for it and found it. It seems like a waste for a power supply to have shiny lights. That is opinion, though. My electric bill is enough without my PSU looking good. I urge you to be cautious about cool looking hardware. If something looks really cool AND is really cheap, maybe the manufacturer is hiding something...a fault or defect inherent in the product's design.

As far as the rest of the build, I have doubts about the APU. EVERYTHING these days relies more and more on GPU power. I'd suggest a GPU with a little more power. You said you might use it for gaming, so I recommend preparing for the future with at least something in the top tier of the mid-grade cards. Can you fix the broken links and give us an estimate of what you have been able to find the build for price wise, what your budget is at the moment, and what the most important components are to you? That will help the process a lot.

One final note: Use the SSD as a boot drive and get a second massive HDD for storage. My music and video alone is almost 60GB. I can't see how that will last for too long as disk memory requirements continue to rise. I promise I won't edit the post, anymore. :)

Regards,

Draco

thx for the info man u know a lot :D

i tried fixing the links but links dont work on this site and i dont need a gpu if i got a apu + the only games i play is maplestory and counter strike 1.6 so i dont need a good video card and the SSD i think its fine its also the only ssd thats sata 3 6gb with 60gb and $100 and yes i was gonna get a 1-2TB HHD for storage and now that i tihnk about it i dont need 16gb of ram i think 8GB is fine :) can u recommend a good ram to use for this build and must look cool :D and must be blue colour and for the mobo (i dont think the link is gonna work but w/e) ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS F1A75-M PRO it has a mem OK but so i dont think it matters what ram i use?
and for the PSU im not gonna get it i tihnk im gonn get this one "Kingwin LAZER 660W Power Supply"

I wouldn't use an ultra power supply.
I also wouldn't buy that Killer 2100 NIC.
Don't know why you need so much RAM, but whatever rocks your boat :)
with just 60 GBs are you going to be very limited on what apps or games you can install.
everything looks to be compatible.

ya but the killer nic would make my internet faster right?

i dont think you want to bother with the killer nic. i think that its a gimmick, though it may bring your CS lag from 74 to 71.

dont cheap out on your power supply. get an antec or corsair - i like this one: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
no it doesnt have will led flashing lights, but it also wont asplode and take your computer out with it. the way crappy psu manufacturers get you to buy their stuff is by putting blue or red led's in them.

you will be hard pressed to use 8 GB of ram, let alone 16

if you dont have a 5.1 speaker set up with really nice speakers, you dont need the sound card. if you think you really do, try this: Newegg.com - ASUS XONAR_DG 5.1 Channels PCI Interface Xonar DG Sound Card

wait, this is all for a micro atx build? i think you might need to start over... i dont think any of these parts would even fit into something like that.

i dont think you want to bother with the killer nic. i think that its a gimmick, though it may bring your CS lag from 74 to 71.

dont cheap out on your power supply. get an antec or corsair - i like this one: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
no it doesnt have will led flashing lights, but it also wont asplode and take your computer out with it. the way crappy psu manufacturers get you to buy their stuff is by putting blue or red led's in them.

you will be hard pressed to use 8 GB of ram, let alone 16

if you dont have a 5.1 speaker set up with really nice speakers, you dont need the sound card. if you think you really do, try this: Newegg.com - ASUS XONAR_DG 5.1 Channels PCI Interface Xonar DG Sound Card

wait, this is all for a micro atx build? i think you might need to start over... i dont think any of these parts would even fit into something like that.

everythng will fit and this build u can have two 12" of video cards in there... and the PSU is ugly im looking for a blue one with modulars so i can have a clean look with the cables and the sound card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty im using this in my old pc right now and its fking sexy its soooo MUCH better then that **** sound card ASUS XONAR....but im probably gonna get a sound card for only MUSIC and that Fatal1ty sound card is 7.1 witch is better then 5.1. just saying and im probably not gonna get the killer nic and the killer nic would make the ping go down by 10-15 ping not 3...

you sound like you know more about this hardware than i do. good luck.

edit: how much stuff out there is actually 7.1 and not just emulated up from 5.1?

edit2: anybody want to go in on me and start a psu manufacturing company? i know nothing about how to build them but i think i can get some led's slapped in them so people will buy whatever comes out of it.

(/sarcasm)

everythng will fit and this build u can have two 12" of video cards in there... and the PSU is ugly im looking for a blue one with modulars so i can have a clean look with the cables and the sound card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty im using this in my old pc right now and its fking sexy its soooo MUCH better then that **** sound card ASUS XONAR....but im probably gonna get a sound card for only MUSIC and that Fatal1ty sound card is 7.1 witch is better then 5.1. just saying and im probably not gonna get the killer nic and the killer nic would make the ping go down by 10-15 ping not 3...

If you only buy based on looks you will have a very pretty piece of junk, mate. Ultra PSUs are a half tick above what I left in the toilet this morning. Check out the Power Supply Guide here on the site and then use that knowledge to find a pretty one that won't blow and kill half your other components.

If you want to toss that much money for something you could do on your own through modem settings go right ahead. The Killer cards are too expensive for what little they give. Your ping is something that you cannot really control as it is the latency between where you are and the source of what you are connecting to. If they make a card that lets you control the number of jumps then that would help your ping.

Don't ask for advice if you only want people to slap you on the back and call you a genius 'cause that ain't happening.

If you only buy based on looks you will have a very pretty piece of junk, mate. Ultra PSUs are a half tick above what I left in the toilet this morning. Check out the Power Supply Guide here on the site and then use that knowledge to find a pretty one that won't blow and kill half your other components.

If you want to toss that much money for something you could do on your own through modem settings go right ahead. The Killer cards are too expensive for what little they give. Your ping is something that you cannot really control as it is the latency between where you are and the source of what you are connecting to. If they make a card that lets you control the number of jumps then that would help your ping.

Don't ask for advice if you only want people to slap you on the back and call you a genius 'cause that ain't happening.

+1 NEVER cheap out on a psu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom