Budget Gaming PC - What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeloMelo

Beta member
Hi there, I'm looking to build a gaming computer, but I don't want to go all out on crazy pieces of hardware that aren't currently necessary. I have compiled a list of hardware I'm hoping to buy, with some exceptions made due to me already owning some parts. So far, this is my list:
(compiled from newegg.ca, and any help would preferably come from newegg.ca instead of newegg.com)

Motherboard : MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD
CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
GPU : EVGA 01G-P3-1366-RX GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
RAM : G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

Without the power supply I'm looking at roughly $345 CAN.

I have no idea what power supply I should get as I don't know how much power I will need. Any suggestions?

I always see people maxing games out at insane resolutions over 1080p, but I myself have an old 19" flatscreen that I havn't used in a year that will suit me well. For gaming at a resolution of 1440 x 900, would this setup be good for maxing games out? I currently play Crysis 1 & 2 at lowest settings on my laptop with unbarably low frame rates. Would this setup fair well with modern games such as Crysis?

Along with the monitor, I have a very sturdy Antec case, but it weighs a ton and it takes me a while to assess the motherboard due to having to unlock and slide out the heavy door. Should I just get myself a new case with a window? It seems more modern to me, and if recommended, would this be good?

Finally, should I look for a different GPU given the resolution and quality preference? I was hoping to SLI the GTX 460 in the future, but if there is anyway to increase the performance for less than the cost of 2 GTX 460s, I'm all ears.

Thank you very much for your time.

Thank you very much for the response friend;

I completely forgot about NCIX. Thanks for linking me to these parts. I believe this is exactly what im looking for. Also, it's funny that you linked me to that XFX 6850, because for the past few hours I've been doing some research on it, and BAM you linked me to it. I believe im sold on this.

If anyone else can provide input, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom