Sound card setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario Eats BK

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

So, I've been looking around for some speakers and a sound card. I found these 2 but I'm mot sure how would I connect them. Like the speakers is connected by AV left/right channel. The sound card is just different. So the links are down there, and if I just can get some advice on how I would set them up.

Corsair SP2500 Gaming Audio Series High-power 2.1 PC Speaker System - 2.1 Channel, 232 Watt, Dynamic DSP Programs at TigerDirect.com

Creative Labs 70SB088600002 SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCIe Sound Card at TigerDirect.com

The speakers are plugged into the sub woofer and a single cord from the sub woofer goes to your sound card.

Your onboard audio is adequate for the speakers you are getting.

May I suggest Loitech speakers though? I really like them.

What is your motherboard? Most likely, you don't need a sound card unless you are an audiophile. The speakers you linked to are not that special.

What is your motherboard? Most likely, you don't need a sound card unless you are an audiophile. The speakers you linked to are not that special.

An addon sound card always produces better sound. Not to mention support for eax and other tech. If you are gaming, watching movies or listening to music and you don't use a sound card with quality dac's you are seriously missing the whole experience. I see your opinion is otherwise but you should not try to persuade other members to use inferior integrated sound.

Sorry, but If you are looking at 2.1 speakers, are you really going to gain that much from a separate sound card?

I always used integrated and had keen performance. Realtek integrated sound has always been excellent.

It entirely depends on what motherboard he has (and thus the model of soundcard) but in general (and especially with just a 2.1 set), people aren't going to hear much difference between integrated audio and a high-end sound card.

I challange anyone to compare onboard sound to an addon card such as a xonar or clario. The difference even on "cheap" speakers is immediately noticable. cleaner clearer sound. more adjustment so the sound can be tailored to taste. And again if the op is going to play any games or movies there is good reason to get a card that supports things like EAX and Dolby headphone and so on. A xonar card can be had for 30$ their not $100+ anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom