How many ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnotu

In Runtime
Just wondering how manys ways there are to set up two Graphics Cards to work together. I mean Crossfire, SLI, and any others. I am trying to set up two GTX 560Ti cards for the best performance and looks that I can. I have looked and searched but can not find the info on what I am looking for. My computor knows I have two cards but there was no difference that I could tell. Any help on this? Thanks.

There is a third way in the works called HYDRA. It is supposed to allow you to run on of each but I haven't seen anything newsworthy about it for a while.

Just wondering how manys ways there are to set up two Graphics Cards to work together. I mean Crossfire, SLI, and any others. I am trying to set up two GTX 560Ti cards for the best performance and looks that I can. I have looked and searched but can not find the info on what I am looking for. My computor knows I have two cards but there was no difference that I could tell. Any help on this? Thanks.

When I got my nvidia MSI sli mobo I had did something similiar to what you were trying pull off.
It worked for 3 weeks before nvidia came out with a new set of drivers in feburary and threw everything off loop.
Make your ATI card primary, take your nvidia card and make it second primary, if you have onboard video, disable it for the time being.
Go into window's and make sure your ATI drivers a are ready to go and enable your graphics card driver pack and install.
Do the samething for your nvidia, and right click on my computer and enable your GTX 550i reboot the machine once and make sure both cards in bios are active and not disabled.
When your OS loads see if you can toggle back and fourth between cards, and try to only with both cards if you have a sli based mobo.
If you have crossfire make sure you do crossfire , if done correctly you can display on both and start to run some tests.
Make sure your monitors or tv's are of equal size resolution or this whole process will not work correctly or refuse to let you sli and crossfire either way.

Hope that helps a little bit, also I did this with a ati hd 5450 1gb sapphire and Nvidia GT430 galaxy 1gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom