MSI 870A-G54 AM3 motherboard going bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also check Battlefield forums and see if there is a known issue with your GFX. I used to play Serious Sam 2 on my pc (plays much more intesive games fine) and it would lock up like that on my Nvidia 9600gt, got a Nvidia GTX 550Ti and the lock up stop happening. Tried the game on an older pc running 8800gt played fine, installed the 9600gt and locked up.

hmm looking at the forums it doesn't seem like there's a problem with the card.

This looks intriguing though
EA Forums
I'm pretty sure I have Realtek audio so I might try this.

Slaymate hinted to this in one of his replys, I will bet anything its the power supply. First it's a budget unit $60 and second it's got dual 12v rails. Sure a few years ago multi rail supplys were popular. However new cards and cpu's do much better on single rail units. For example your supply is 25amp per rail. Where as with a new enthusiast unit you will have a single rail with 50+ amps.

hmm I'm pretty sure we have a multi-meter lying around. so I guess I could test the cables.

Wouldn't the computer shut off though if the power supply was failing?

hmm I'm pretty sure we have a multi-meter lying around. so I guess I could test the cables.

Wouldn't the computer shut off though if the power supply was failing?

Not necessarily. Its more about the quality of the power than the lack of it. Testing it with a multi meter will not detect problems. For example you can not test what your amp's are under load in a game with the multi meter. The amp's may be fine when there is no draw. the output can change dramaticly under draw. Could you possibly borrow a power supply from someone to test with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom