broken computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DahWhon

Baseband Member
I have a 1996 ibm aptiva computer with windows xp on it. I recently shut it down by pressing the shut down button(instead of shutting it down using the menu) and now it does not work. Every time i start it up it comes up with some boot error. I would be very happy if someone could help me with mi problem
-thanx-

What is the boot error? Please list out any messages that are shown on the screen, or any beeps that come from the case...

it does not beep at all, after it starts up it goes to a blank screen with "NTLDR: Fatal Boot Error 256 reading BOOT.INI"

It cant load because all the info about the boot process is located in boot.ini... use a XP boot CD and try repairing the system...

whoops.. during the time that the computer was working, my disk drive broke, so i cant boot from any cd...... do you know why the files were deleted in the first place

it could always be spyware :) im not sure... i would say they sometimes get deleted or get stuff written in there that shouldnt be there that cauzes what you have... its magic i guess haha :D

i would suggest to get a new drive (ur still gonna need it in the future) and after you do run the repair wizard off of your XP CD

good idea, do you know what a basic cd drive would cost, with no cd writing capabilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom