Intergrated Graphics, is it junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern integrated graphics are more than enough for casual gaming (Plants vs Zombies, for instance) and can even handle fairly recent games on very low settings (and with low framerates). For anything beyond that you will need a graphics card (and probably a better power supply to feed it).

Modern integrated graphics are more than enough for casual gaming (Plants vs Zombies, for instance) and can even handle fairly recent games on very low settings (and with low framerates). For anything beyond that you will need a graphics card (and probably a better power supply to feed it).

Don't know his spec's exactly or if he prefers a ATi card over a nvidia but I believe this shouid help him out for a goodwhile.
Newegg.com - Galaxy 52GGS4HX2HXZ GeForce GT 520 (Fermi) 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer PS575XBK 575W ATX12V SLI Ready Power Supply
The power supply I listed is what I am using, it's been going for strong for 7 months now, and have had no issues with it.
Only thing it can't handle is a major OC with voltages being raised up a little bit above regular standards,
If you prefer something much more stronger a guy name paton would prefer this over anything else.
Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

i had integrated with my intel i5 cpu i play sc2 all the time when i had it it always plays under 1-30 fps on lowest setting. i upgrade with radeon 5770 HD 1gb and i was able to play oh highest setting with 50-70 fps, had to have a power supply upgrade though

so.. yes i would say integrated graphics is junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom