Need help figuring out an issue regarding my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roflstrike

Solid State Member
I've had my Acer Aspire for about a year and a half it has never failed me until now. About 2 or 3 days ago I've been having random restarts. After turning the auto-restart function off it just freezes and it won't move at all. (I turned it off hoping to get a bluescreen so i can tell what error it is.) Anyway, I've checked into the issue alot over the past couple days only to find things like overheating issues. I run speedfan on my system and the highest it ever gets is about 62c.(gpu that is, everything else is normal) Which I'm pretty sure is normal. I've tried cleaning out the computer with canned air and I bought a cooling mat just in case. I'm seriously lost on the issue though. It freezes during mundane tasks, idle, and more powerful processes. My specs are as follows, any help would be majorly appreciated :) :
Acer Aspire 5745g
geforce 330m
4g ddr3
Thanks,
Chris :)

Please wait 24 hours to bump, not 12. ;)

Anyway, speedfan isn't the best temperature meter, IMO. Get HWMonitor and post up a screenshot up here. Let's see how hot you are getting.

OK, those are variable temperatures. Does it say anything In your Event Viewer?

Next, I would look at the memory. Get memtest86+ and boot off the cd. run it for at least two passes. If any errors show up, your RAM chips are faulty.

Have you ran memtest? if not do that and also run a diag on your hard drive. Your issue does not seem to be heat related.

Those temps look OK. Have you tried running a scan of the system files? sfc /scannow

Maybe you're still getting minidump files even though you don't see the BSOD. Try Blue Screen View to help read the minidumps.

I have an external hard drive, how would I go about doing that?
*Edit*
Oh got it. You linked a program. :p Thanks. I'll try that
*Edit*
Well now I have yet another issue. On this laptop I cannot find the Master and Slave drives because memtest won't autoboot. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom