narrowing down the selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossfire Compatibility Chart.
It looks like your current card is only going to play nice with a 5750, 5770, 6750, or 6770. Although that is just "recommended", so you may be able to find a work around.

Honestly if you aren't going to upgrade your motherboard I would take the money you would have spent on it, add it to the money you would have spent on a 2nd card for crossfire, and just get a better single card.

Heck if the main cause for a new case was overheating, take the money you would have spent on a new case and add that in to the new GPU pool and find something that doesn't 90c instantly.

lol sounds like your getting bored of this thread xD.

im still gonna get a better case for airflow.
just need to find a card that has crossfireX support and uses one pci slot

turns out i think my ram cards are actually 1.5gbx2

can different manufactured cards still work together?

lol sounds like your getting bored of this thread xD.
Nah, there are 3 threads discussing GPUs and crossfiring, 2 of them involving 5770s, I just wish at least one would get resolved.

From the AMD forums:
Q: What about the brand, clock speed and memory size ?
A: You can use diffrent brands, but always make sure to match the clock speed and memory size. It is true that if the clock speed do not match, the faster card will match the slower clocked speed card. For best performance, matching identical cards should be used.
From Tom's Hardware (insert 5770 for 5870):
you can Crossfire HD 5870 2GB with it's 1GB version but the 2GB version lowers it's memory to 1GB,so you'll get the performance of 2 5870's with 1GB RAM.
Curious as to what your current motherboard is, specifically why you want a card that only uses 1 slot.
A cursory look at the 5770s available on Newegg and it looks like there aren't any single slot cards. Granted something like this only uses one rear cutout slot, but the fan/heatsink on the side will overhang whatever slot is next to it internally anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom