Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobayo

Beta member
I own a Dell Vostro 220 and am far from being a computer expert, fairly lately I have been experiencing what could be best described as lag that leads to freezing and/or Blue screen of death. This happens 5/10 minutes after startup but the strange thing is that the more times I restart the computer, the less it occurs. Is this a fixable problem or a garbage computer dying for once and all?

I doubt the computer is dying. What BSOD stope errors are you getting? They start with 0x0....

Can you get into safe mode? F8 before the Windows splash ends.

Could please check somethings out why pullig up the BSOD error like mind asked for ?
Did you happen to install any windows update for windows 7 by chance ?
Did you update your drivers for your hardware or software programs or installed any new hardware ?
Those 3 things I mention are usually the problem getter that some or most people will encounter normally.
Other times it can be something abit more serious but we will see what you reply with and wie'll go from there.

The Other thing to test would be the RAM. If you have mutliple cards try pulling them out one at a time to see if it still happens. Bad RAM can do some weird things before it completely goes bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom