can you please check out this computer fo rme. not sure of how to read the configurations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I'm thinking of buying a 'new' computer but not sure of how to read the configurations. Hoping someone can advise me.

Buy the Lenovo 3000 H210 Desktop PC at TigerDirect.ca

Here's the title: Lenovo 3000 H210 57088788 Desktop PC - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2GHz, 4GB, 640GB, DVDRW, Media Reader, Vista Home Premium, Open Box

My only concern is the "E2200" part. Aren't e-machines slower than the average intel chip? Also how exactly does dual core work - is a dual core 2200 = P4 2200 or a P4 2200x2 ie 4400?

I've used Vista in the past and found it was quite slow on the then computer. Will this one be able to handle it? Could Windows 7 be installed on this as well?

Thanks!
Dan

I hate TD. Their specs are really not that helpful..

You must know that we force you to build your own.

The E2200 is a Pentium Dual Core. It's before the C2D came out. E2200 is the chip name, says nothing about its speed.

A dual core processor can run 2 processes at one time. You do not add the Ghz of the two cores. They work independantly, not together.

What do you want to do with the computer? It's an open box item which means someone else was either disappointed in its performance or it has some form of a defect. It's also listed as not available.

The best option is usually to build your own pc. It's not that hard to do, check out this link.

The animated guide to Building a PC. Learn to build a PC from scratch with PCitYourself!

If you'll list a budget I'm sure you'll get a few suggestions.

thanks guys. to clarify, there's no question of me building my own computer. whether or not i can get a better deal the research is just not worth it to me. on my current computer i managed to erase the drivers and the simple act of fixing that is more trouble than its worth.

what i want to do is surf online, maybe with 2 browsers open with 3 tabs each, play a movie in the background, and have excel and word open. can this handle that?

so if anyone could shed any light on the E part of the E2200 i'd be grateful.

i wasnt aware dual core doesnt mean you can add speeds together. what about core 2 duo, in that case can you add speeds?

i said above i'll be using different processes, ie browsers, videos, office. will the dual core therefore breakup the operations over the 2 chips and i'll be at a faster speed?

if any of you could give me an approximate price you think this is worth that'd be really helpful. nothing is exact of course, im just getting a good deal (i think) on this and want to make sure it is indeed a good deal. i'll tell you the price after you tell me what you think it should be :)

Wikipedia said:
The Intel Pentium Dual-Core processors, E2140, E2160, E2180, E2200, and E2220 use the Allendale core, which includes 2 MB of native L2 cache, with half disabled leaving only 1 MB. This compares to the higher end Conroe core which features 4 MB L2 Cache natively. Intel has shifted its product lines having the Core 2 line as Mainstream/Performance, Pentium Dual-Core as Mainstream, and the new Celeron (based on the Conroe-L core) as Budget/Value.

List of Intel Pentium Dual-Core microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom