Old projector parallel port labeled as VGA connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt3000

Beta member
cable.png

The image above is crucial to understanding this, here's another link if you can't see it:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I recently bought an old projector "Magniview Multi-Media Projection System". It's supposed to take the computer's output and project in a 640x480 resolution.

Well, the problem is I don't know how the heck to connect to it! I have a VGA and DisplayPort output on my laptop, but I can't find anything like a VGA to the parallel port that's on there connector (maybe that's a stupid idea?).

An alternative may be a VGA to S-video converter box, but that's expensive and I would like to get this strange choice of parallel port working.

Does anyone know how to communicate with this old technology via VGA?
Thanks.

Actually I highly suspect it is an old component analog video input. DB25F connectors aren't just used for parallel ports.
But since I can't find a cable or even a diagram of RGB in/out/refresh to make my own VGA connector for it, I'll probably end up settling with a converter box.

I bought the converter box for VGA->Svideo. I guess that DB-25f port will just have to remain a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom