ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB VS BFG nVidia GeForce 6800OC 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

In Runtime
Well, i have been almost completly sure that i want the ATI Radeonn 9800 Pro for a long time, but then my eyes saw the Nvidia Geforce 6800 Overclocked 128MB...and then i saw the price, and realized that it was only $60 more (canadian)...so...now i have my question. Which would you recommend?

Well I was adamant about the 9600xt, then I saw the 5900 and 9800 pro for about 70-80 dollars more, then I heard all this ruckus about the 6600 and x700 AGP series cards. It's a brutal world isn't it?

If you got the money, shell out for a 6800. I assume it's around 280 then? You should check benchmark reports. Tomshardware has a really nice one on almost all relevant* GPUs

*edit* Oh, it's CDN, so it's...around 330??

so far the 2 /3 people who recommend the 6800 have one, so...i assume some sort of bias opinion...

look at it this way: with the 60 dollars you save, you can spend on much better memory, which will also give you better overall results, unless you're already factoring in top-of-the-line DDR2 memory or somethin

i have 512 of pc 3200...and for the 60 i save, will get me some OEM piece of sh!t

I use to have a 9800 Pro. I did the same by returning it and paying $50 more (best buy is customer friendly) for my 6800oc (with warranty) that i have right now.

3Dmark2003:
ATI 9800 Pro = 5721
BFG 6800oc = 8851

A 64.3% increase in 3Dmark03. Not bad for a card that is $50 more than my original. Enough with the generic benchmarks, how about gaming? Farcry, a DX9 game. With my 5900xt/9800 Pro, i had horrible lag in the beginning of the game after it loaded (although it was because of my whole setup though). After i bought the 6800, and install it, there were barely any lag (regardless of my setup and it's salavged parts. Edit: Also, it's Overclocked by BFG, and backed up with warranty. Usually stay around 44c-54c at full load.

^^These are my opinions though, so do not take them for granted, although it might convince you enough to get one.;)

so far the 2 /3 people who recommend the 6800 have one, so...i assume some sort of bias opinion...
Yeah.....that or they know what they are talking due to experience since they infact DO have it and are informing you of it as a worthy buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom