heat out cool in

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromania

Baseband Member
hi i am noobie at building, upgrading, ect. on comps.

my problem is that my fan speed for my gpu (radeon 2gb HD 5770) has to be on 100% at all times when im gaming or insta 90c

when it's idle temp is 40-50c
about 50% activity 60-62c
or more then about 70c max (usually on starcraft 2 (max settings))

ok my spec are:
radeon 2gb HD 5770
intel i5
some what 700w psu
intel mother board
2 1gb ram sticks

this pc is a company built pc, the only custom thing about is the radeon graphics card (which my brother installed)

small pc case has 4 additional fans: 1 psu, 1 gpu, 1 motherboard heatsink fan, and a exhaust fan at the back

sense it is a company built pc it has a funnel that is connect to the side of the case to the heatsink fan to make sure heat from the cpu gets out of the case though it can be removed and replace with an fan that can bring in fresh air (i dont have any fan in this case that blows fresh air in)

i can remove that or... i can get a bigger case with has more fans and also more room
this case is very small.

any suggestion is appreciated

What company is your pre-built pc from?
Most pre-built computers are horrible when it comes to cooling and cases, and I know that Dell is one of the worst.
And if the card has been added afterwards it might be that the case wasn't designed to hold a big card like that, so yeah, what is your company?

the company that made this pc is ZT

i think the motherboard had integrated graphics so thats why it may be so small

That is probably it, I don't want to urge you to buy a new case or anything but it might help, I don't know enough about ZT to make an informed recommendation, maybe someone else does.

well im at a low budget but anything under 100$ dollars would be alright great if 50 to 80$
ZT is a new pc manufacturer i believe

yeah my case is so small the fan in the gpu is like 1.5 ins close to the floor of the case so it doesnt have much air to suck in

ZT has been around a while. There's one at church that is a s754 with a mobile 3400+ in it.

well i recently just look at the inside of the case i was planning on upgrading the ram card because they're 2x1 ram cards but it looked like that i would need to uninstall the graphics card just to replace them.
like i said i believe this mother board had integrated graphics so it's small

any suggestions to a LGA 1156 slot mother board probably one that can fit in the antec 300 illusion trotter suggested?

The 300 will take an ATX and probably an mATX. What kind of a budget do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom