High End Gaming PC - Help/Advice Plase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so looking at prices and everything, I ended up building the originally suggested machine. However.... I am having some problems. It's likely I did something wrong, but I don't know if I maybe have a faulty part.

When I turn on the machine, the case LED lights up, all the fans spin, all seems well. Except I have no power to my usb mouse/keyboard, and nothing happens on the monitor. Any suggestions on what the issue may be?

Okay, so looking at prices and everything, I ended up building the originally suggested machine. However.... I am having some problems. It's likely I did something wrong, but I don't know if I maybe have a faulty part.

When I turn on the machine, the case LED lights up, all the fans spin, all seems well. Except I have no power to my usb mouse/keyboard, and nothing happens on the monitor. Any suggestions on what the issue may be?

No splash screen? Nothing?
Check your VideoCard and the monitor connector.
Other than that, you could try inserting your windows installation disk, then see if anything comes up.

Tried it just now, didn't work. speakers are plugged in, but I don't hear any POST beeps either. However, since all my fans power up and everything (including the processor one), I'm thinking it's not the power supply. But I'm wondering if maybe something isn't plugged in right since my usb have no power. Is this a possibility?

Just making sure, you need the small case/motherboard speaker to hear the beep code not your external speakers.
Did you plug in the cpu 8 pin power plug?
What about the power plugs to the video card?
Are you using the usb on the back of your motherboard?

@brinks:

Just making sure, you need the small case/motherboard speaker to hear the beep code not your external speakers.

-Ohhh, alright. Couldn't find one in my stuff, but should be able to pull one out of my old box

Did you plug in the cpu 8 pin power plug?

-My PSU doesn't have an 8-pin one for it, but it has a cord that has 2 4-pins on one end, and it seems to fit fine

What about the power plugs to the video card?

-Yep, one of the first things I checked

Are you using the usb on the back of your motherboard?

-Yes sir

@Slaymate:

Thanks for the link, I'll try that out when I'm off work to double check everything.

Looks like most of your power plugs are connected. Do any of the LED lights on the motherboard come on when you try to start it?

Also for your vertex 3 ssd, make sure to plug it into the (Intel)grey sata 6Gb/s ports and not the (Marvell)blue sata 6GB/s. The Marvell ports will cripple the speed of the ssd since they are not as fast as the Intel ports.

Looks like most of your power plugs are connected. Do any of the LED lights on the motherboard come on when you try to start it?

Also for your vertex 3 ssd, make sure to plug it into the (Intel)grey sata 6Gb/s ports and not the (Marvell)blue sata 6GB/s. The Marvell ports will cripple the speed of the ssd since they are not as fast as the Intel ports.

Yep, all the lights turn on. I can even start the computer with the power button on the motherboard if I want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom