5900 or 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.

melcher88

Baseband Member
Should i go with a nVidia 5900 (XT, Ultra, whatever...as long as it's less than $200)

or an ATI 9800 Pro possibly a 256-bit w/ 128 MB RAM

as mentioned before, i wanna spend as little as possible (like always) just wanted to get some input before the purchase

just save up some more and go for the 6800GT. Thats what i'm gunna do. it's $399 at newegg for the eVGA one with the doom 3 bundle. i heard its got the best cooling so you can overclock it to and over Ultra speeds.

i heard its got the best cooling so you can overclock it to and over Ultra speeds.
It's because eVGA puts the same heatsink on all the cards, which means you get a heatsink that was meant for the Ultra on a card less than Ultra, so it's almost like getting a free aftermarket heatsink and the overclockability is supposed to be to Ultra speeds if not a little more, but every card varies so you can't guarantee Ultra speeds, but still better than stock no doubt....however I'm going to wait for the 6600GT's to be released at the end of this month or beginning of December...should be $199 and will have the new GDDR3 memory and from some of the reviews about the PCI-E version it's quite the competitor.

Yea well by the time they get those cards in the 6800GT should have dropped in price.
Yeah but it's $430 if you want doom3 (eVGA Brand) and $415 if you don't, that's still a ways off from $199 which I doubt the 6800GT's even with a price drop are going to go that far, they will keep prices up more than likely past christmas for better sales, knowing people will want that 6600 series and knowing that people will still pay the higher GT prices because a lower model card was introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom