Wont load up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i left it to carry on loading, and its gone a bit further, its scanning/looking for errors, and has been for the past 2 hours allmost

If you can, cancel it. If not, just let it finish. It's going through a lot of checks, and some of them can take time if it's trying to repair something. Just let it finish, then pick the "view advanced options" and then run a chkdsk /f /r.

Did you ever try the "Last known good configuration" option?

Ubuntu reported a problem when trying to mount the HDD, so it's doubtful it's just a Windows problem.

Ok so it finished, and restarted itself....as i was watching a film, lol im just restarting it, and going to go insafemode, with commandpromt, can i do this chkdsk on it? its taking WAY to long to log my laptop off as well, its been trying log off for about 25 mins now...

If you can get into Safe Mode, yes you can do a chkdsk on it. It'll probably say it can't check it since it's in use and it will be scheduled to be ran next time you restart, though (which is ok).

You'll just have to make sure you type: chkdsk c: /f /r

What do you mean that it crashed? Did it BSOD? Just shut off without any error? Are you able to get back into safe mode or normal mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom