you know i have
/.mc
/bin
/dev
/etc
/home
/lib
/mnt
its on the other side of my screen, as if there was 2 hdd's on my laptop, but theres still no /system or /program one

Forget about the AVG rescue CD if you're still using that. Work on the Ubuntu LiveCD and boot off of that.

Yupp, i have it on my laptop now, but its still at the Ubunti logo, with the loading bar

Ok its loaded, taking awhile though.

*EDIT*

its at the screen where u can try ubunti or install it, ive clicked try ubunti, but its taking AGES to load :/

It's going to take a bit to load since its loading a whole GUI OS off of a CD into memory.

...you burned the LiveCD and booted off of it. That's what you chose when you picked "Try Ubuntu". Did it load up all the way? If so, follow my instructions I gave earlier to try and find your drive (click on the folder icon on the left side, and then click "Computer" if its available, and go into your hard drive). Then continue on with the instructions given by AVG to rename those files (except it won't be F6 to rename the file, just right click > Rename... ).

I cant get into my HDD, comes up with an error

here is the error

Unable to mount Acer
Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 13:
ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: input/output error
failed to read NTFS $Bitmap: input/output error
NTFS is eithe inconsistent or there is a hardware fault or its a SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. in the first case run chkdsk /f on windows then rebood into windows twice, the useage of /f is parameter is very important, if the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate it and mount a diffrent device under the /dev/mapper/directory (eg, /dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1) please see the dmraid" documentation for more details

So, my HD is basicly, buggerd?

Either boot off of a Windows disc or go into the Startup repair for Win7. Go to advanced options and open a command prompt. Type to following:
chkdsk /f /r

and press Enter and let it run. Be patient, it may take a while.

No cd's come with the laptop I cannot get into safe mode with command promt If I could somehow access the Startup repair for Win7 then I could run Chkdisk. Do u know of any other way to access this ?

I already told you how. In your first post you said this:

it comes up with windows failed to shutdown ect ect, it says windows repair, or start windows normaly.

Windows Repair is the option you need to pick.

Either do that, or press F8 on startup (similar to how you tried to get into Safe Mode) and instead pick the option "Repair your computer"
W7-RE02.jpg

See if you can cancel the auto-operation, or wait for it to finish. There will be a window that looks like this if you let it finish:
Run_startup_repair_3.png

Click the second link (the "see advanced options" link), it will take you to a screen like this:
26srt.png

Open the command prompt option. Run the chkdsk command I posted earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom