first build advise needed, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeith1821

Beta member
I'm looking to help my son build a gaming computer with around a $1500 budget. He plays World Of Warcraft and Starcraft online and our old Pentium based system just can't handle it anymore (especially in highly popoulated areas in those games). I've added a link below to the system I am considering and was looking for any "constructive" critisisim. (I get enough of the other kind from my wife,:)). I chose the mobo with the thought of adding a small ssd in the near future to take advantage of the Intel SRT technology and to also add another identical GPU in a crossfire arrangement if I find the future games need it. Just hoping to future proof it a little to try to get him by for awhile. May be a waste of money, not sure, thats why i'm here.I also forgot to mention that I plan on usuing the computer now and then with some low to mid level buisness applications at home (cad and home design). that is why i am considering the SRT technology upgrade.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Overkill for world of Warcraft and starcraft 2. But still a very decent build. You could get same performance with an and based rig and save money on top of that. And has the Phenom ll x6 series of cpu's and the 6970 is slightly faster in those two games

i think if you bought a 6850 for half that price you could upgrade it in a few years and for the same amount of money could buy something faster still than that gtx 570. pretty sure a 6850 will max out out those games on ultra settings. i think the $/fps doesnt really pass the straight faced test at that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom