$1500 cap Gaming Rig build

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MindoverMaster why not get the higher speed of RAM the motherboard supports it and Mushkin makes great ram guarented with a life time warrenty

That ram has been deactivated. And while 1.65v memory will work, in order to stay within .5v of the memory controller voltage you need to raise the memory controller voltage up to 1.15v. Will it work without changing the voltage? Probably, yes, but it's putting a unwanted strain on the system. And the performance increase is minimal with the faster ram, I have 8GB of Corsair 1600MHz and 8GB of G.Skill 2133MHz (both are rated at 1.5v). You'll get your best performance boost by sticking with 1600MHz ram and spending the extra money on a good heatsink and overclocking the crap out of the cpu.

I figured something of that, Slay. Just wasn't sure how to explain that. You can save money on a 1600rpm, and still be able to overclock like ****. ;)

I have 4 x 2GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1600rpm RAM. OCing from 2.8GHz to 4GHz is quite an achievement. You don't need immensely fast RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom