Computer to older TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

In Runtime
I'm just having a slight issue getting my TV to connect to my computer. With my old video card, I had S video and VGA outputs. The S Video went to the TV, the VGA to the computer CRT.

Now I have a new monitor and a new video card. The monitor is connected via DVI, and the new video card still has an HDMI and a VGA output. I bought a cable that is VGA to component (RGB), which plugs into my tube TV. I cannot get the TV to display anything however, the screen says "No signal or not supported video resolution". I just want to know if I'm going to be able to hook up my TV in this manner, if so, what I'm doing wrong. (I've scaled through the resolutions of the output for the TV, didn't seem to make any change)

Any help would be appreciated.

can you confirm that a signal is being sent out the vga port? connect a second computer monitor? i think these settings would be in display properties or the video card software utility (check systray or control panel)

When I plugged in my old CRT monitor via VGA it assumed primary display, so I'd say the output works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom