Notebook RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

theopfor

In Runtime
I went over to Best Buy to get some RAM (stupid windows 7 service pack slowed my computer down) and they said I needed DDR3 RAM but they didn't have any. Then I went over to PHD computers and they said I needed DDR2 RAM but all the RAM they tried didn't work. Therefore I have two questions. Is there a special version of DDR2 RAM/DDR3 RAM? Shall I dare go back to Best buy?

Get CPUz, open the program up, and look at the Memory tab. That will tell you what type you have. The Spd tab will tell you what speed your RAM is running at.

Go to crucial.com and use their system scanner which will tell you how much RAM you currently have (including how many sticks and size of each stick), what the max RAM for your computer is and what type/speed memory you need to upgrade.

Go to crucial.com and use their system scanner which will tell you how much RAM you currently have (including how many sticks and size of each stick), what the max RAM for your computer is and what type/speed memory you need to upgrade.

+1 to Crucial's website's memory finder. Comes in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom