New build, needs some insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

heister

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I used to be an avid computer gamer way back in my high school days in the mid 2000s. Since I went on to college and graduated my interests have strayed into other areas, specificly the likes of the stock markets. I wanted to pick your brains for ideas. I am looking to build a new trading rig. While I currently use 4 monitors and run a q6600 chip with 4 gigs of ram I was wanting to up grade to a system that will allow me to run up to 8 monitors and idealy have 6 to 8 gigs of ram. Budget isnt a huge issue however I would like to keep it as low as possible, considering for every dollar less I spend I can make money off of it.

Thanks in advance guys.

Why is it that the sandy bridge mobos dont support tripple channel memory? Seems like a step backwards.

Why is it that the sandy bridge mobos dont support tripple channel memory? Seems like a step backwards.
Purely because the extra bandwidth offered by running in triple channel (and widely advertised when the original i3/i5/i7s came out) is difficult to utilise. We just don't have any use for it yet, in home computing anyway. Servers is a different matter ofc.

you have 3 pci-e 16x slots, just plug in two more AMD graphic cards that can power 3 monitors each, along with your current 8800gtx, that's 8 :)

may have to upgrade your power supply though, depending on what model graphic cards you choose.

It would be simple if I still had that rig haha, sold it over a year ago now. I am using one of my buddies computers for the moment, so I need to get a build put together soon before he needs it back.

Anyone know what happened to the 6 monitor ATI eyefinity cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom