Help booting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfyyy

Beta member
I have a gateway laptop with windows xp. It was running slow and had a virus so I reformated it with the 2 recovery disk which came with the laptop. I finished reformating and when it when to restart it came up
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt.
Windows root\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file.
I tried reformating again and same thing happend and I cannot boot to safe mode... Any suggestions?? Thanks!!!!

Thanks and I checked but I don't have just the xp recovery disk, i only have the 2 gateway xp disks, i cannot go into recovery consol... is there any other way?

There is no other way to fix this issue without an XP CD. You will have to contact Gateway and have them send you the proper media. It will cost you money.

Thats where the problem is though...I have the gateway recovery disks but they don't have recovery consul so I have no of fixing this...

Ok so I just burned a recovery disk and went to repair and get into the recov console, but now it says that it cant find any hard disk drives on my computer.... What else could go wrong.... I check the BIOS and I can't change to any other format and I tried slipstreaming and that didnt work... any other ideas ir a better way of slipstreaming???? thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom