P4 3.2Ghz and Geforce 4 ti4600 - bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereticiv

Baseband Member
Hey, I have a Geforce 4 ti4600 from about a year and a half ago, I think... I was using it on a P4 1.7 but I just ordered a p4 3.2ghz on an asus p4c800 deluxe mobo, and 1gig of kingston pc3200 hyperX memory. My question is should I upgrade to the Geforce FX 9500 Ultra to avoid a bottleneck due to the speed of the ram and cpu being faster than the Geforce 4 or will there be no bottleneck?

Also anyone know the performance difference I'll see in current games like splinter cell, or future games like doom 3/half life 2?

Thanks...I'm new here :D

OH, btw, I've tried to find a review using this set up and I have only found the p4 3.2 with geforce fx set up...anyone know a review with the ti 4600?

Actually, screw spending 500+ dollars on an NV35 card when the NV40 is coming out in Dec or early Jan! So long as I can play Doom 3 and Half Life 2 at 1600x1200 at 30fps that is all I care about! Then I'll drop the 500 bucks on the NV40 later on. I'm sure my trustly ti 4600 paired with the latest pentium 4 will do the job well...I hope:confused:

The card is already good enough for most current (and future) games; just don't use higher-level anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering, which can cut down the performance by nearly 60%. Always a good idea to wait.

I never us AA at all, or anisotropic filtering! I don't see the need. So long as you play at 1600x1200 with triple buffering who needs the fancy features. I'm just looking at raw speed with full detail, 1600x1200, triple buffering, hoping for at least 40fps in both doom 3 and half life 2. Iknow the cpu can do it I just hope the card can!

Thanks for the input though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom