Help fidning 1080p Monitor with crisp Text ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flores

Baseband Member
Appoligies if this is the wrong section, I'm not exatly sure if this would fall under other hardware or not. For those that like to read there is an intro for those that like to just see the main issue jump down lol.

I just built a rig recently but kept My old trust Sony monitor since even though it's a about 6 years old by now it was still one of the best montiors I've seen. Well last night there was a storm that knocked out a transformer and this morning before I headed off to work I wanted to make sure nothing had been damaged. Well the monitor seems to have gone and bitten the dust. The Power LED is off, I tried a few switches but I cant get it to turn on. I may go ahead and buy a new Monitor 1080 most likley so I can watch blurays and games aswell as crisp as possible. Maybe even something with 3D.

Short Looking for a 1080 Montior, My main concern is the appearance in day to day activities the most important being Crisp readable text. Because I've looked at quite a few diffrent options but one common complaint I seem to run into is blurry text or Text ghosting when scrolling. Budget really isnt a problem I woudln't want to top over 350 though. So I come to you guys hopeing that someone can make a recommendation from personnel use

Thank you both for the response and you both seem in agreement with samsung being a good fit. Since it is a shell shocker and does seem like a good deal I'll check this thread tomorrow again and if no one else has any other ideas I think ill go ahead and purchase it lol thanks guys.

I just noticed that monitor has an HDMI to DVI cable instead of an HDMI to HDMI cable...so if you wanted full HD, you should probably get an HDMI cable if you don't already have one...

I just noticed that monitor has an HDMI to DVI cable instead of an HDMI to HDMI cable...so if you wanted full HD, you should probably get an HDMI cable if you don't already have one...

HDMI/DVI are pretty much the same; they're both digital signals and can both do 1080p.

The difference between HDMI and DVI is HDMI can transmit audio .

And that's about it. That's why you can directly adapt from HDMI to DVI, and vice versa, whereas to adapt to VGA from HDMI it takes a converting box.

HDMI also have a higher transfer rate...

Not that much higher.

HDMI: about 10.92Gbps
DVI (single link): 3.96 Gbit/s
DVI (dual link): "Limited only by copper bandwidth limitations, DVI source limitations, and DVI sink limitations."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom