what PSU do you recommend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to Newegg, jonnyguru recommends the CX430. >_>
And you guys are saying that the builder series isn't very good. @_@

Oh, he recommended it for everyday systems. That explains it. :/

According to Newegg, jonnyguru recommends the CX430. >_>
And you guys are saying that the builder series isn't very good. @_@
The builder series is fine but if it's recommended it needs to be known that the power is less then advertised. Corsair took a shortcut and stretched the truth about those PSU's.

Thomas, Try to take user reviews with a grain of salt. I can guarantee most those Newegg customers claiming to be experts with computers are just short of mentally challenged.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=214

less in what sense and how much less are we talking?
It's tempting me since it i only 40$. I think I may have to scratch the ultra off my list since people are complaining about the sata connectors being too short and not reaching their drives. Does the corsair have pcie connectors? it didn't say on the site if it did

It does have a PCI-E cable. TigerDirect is short on specification. Always check specs on Newegg. As long it's the same model, that's what it is. Research is necessary.

Yeah Newegg is way better at it than Tigerdirect, I had to send back a couple of things to Tigerdirect because I didn't have enough info.
If only I had come to TF sooner ;)

less in what sense and how much less are we talking?
It's tempting me since it i only 40$. I think I may have to scratch the ultra off my list since people are complaining about the sata connectors being too short and not reaching their drives. Does the corsair have pcie connectors? it didn't say on the site if it did
Less in mainly wattage. I would take 50 watts off the sticker to be safe but it may not be that bad. Especially since the new revisions. Just take a gander at the Johnnyguru review it gives a real good analysis.

It has 2 PCI-E cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom