$1500 cap Gaming Rig build

Status
Not open for further replies.

relikpL

Baseband Member
Heya guys,

I have a budget of about $1500, and I'd like to min/max the box.
I've been out of the desktop hardware loop, and would appreciate some suggestions.

My main questions are regarding the motherboard/proc/PDU, and whether to SLI/crossfire or not.
I will definitely be putting in an SSD for OS/apps.

Any tips/links would be much appreciated (I'm a big fan of newegg, as most of you are)

Thank you very much.
Regards,

mike

There is a post here that will probably give you some good build ideas. I would suggest taking a long look at Night Fox's post since he includes an SSD.

Motherboard/CPU: If you're looking to overclock grab an i5 2500k and ASUS P8P67 Pro. If not you can just grab the non "k" version and non "pro" version of the same components.
PDU: Not sure what this is, assuming PSU? check out this thread for reliable companies and rough wattage calculators.

Also I think you might want to check the graphics performance list, incase you want something with more oomph than what is suggested in the thread above.

And you can save quite a bit of money by not putting in a Blu-ray drive.
You can do what you want with the saved money but if you go with that setup, buy an aftermarket CPU cooler and overclock that sucker.

@MindoverMaster why not get the higher speed of RAM the motherboard supports it and Mushkin makes great ram guarented with a life time warrenty

@Jasonalwaysready true it is the second version so I have a little faith in its stability

But over the reason i picked the board is for two reason
1. supports high ram speeds
2. Features the z68 chipset and everthing that comes with it like quick sync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom