Athlon XP 2000+ @ 60ºC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard it go as far as 70C-90C idle
No that's just ridiculously high and at that point you definitely have a problem. My 2400+ XP Idled at 64C with stock heatsink and fan, with no other case fans and one side open, max temp was god knows what in the 70's I never payed attention at the time because I didn't know...however these REALLY aren't good temperatures...

Good temperatures should be in the Mid 50's and low 60's on full load if you don't have good cooling, but from what he described he should have better than 60C unless it's just hot in the room. I keep my overclocked CPU in the 30's celsius and it goes up into the 40's when I game... I definitely would suggest getting better cooling, but yes AMD's do run a little hot and can get up there pretty high but as far as 70C-90C idle this is simply not true, it'd be way on the verge of frying and instability at that point.

if you have the money to buy a vapochill then just build a new comp and find a better case... even tho i doubt anyone here wants to drop such serious cash on a case to cool...

LOL, reviving old threads I see.
I actually solved this problem centuries ago, turns out purchasing myself a new case lowered my temps by 10ºC, and I switched to a more effective HSF as well.

LOL, reviving old threads I see.
I actually solved this problem centuries ago, turns out purchasing myself a new case lowered my temps by 10ºC, and I switched to a more effective HSF as well.
Yeah I never saw the date.....why AMD64boy brought this back up I don't know...there's people who need help, people from 2 years ago almost 3 now dont' count! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom