dsl connection dies on computer a when computer b is turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwired

Beta member
I have a 3 computer network with a dsl modem, and the old fashioned way with the modem going to a router, then the router going to a 5 port generic hub then from the hub to 3 computers all running xp pro. the problem is that when computer 2 is booted up adn connects, I lose all internet connection on all computers 2-3 minutes later. I can get it back ONLY by doing ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renew in command window on computer 1 My main computer. Computer 1 and 3 can run together flawlessly. It's just compter 2. The only common denominator is that a few weeks ago I got a dialup connection to do some troubleshooting with that particular isp and the problem seemed to happen right about there. Any thoughts or anything pop into anyone's head about this? I guess you would call it a "collision" or somehting. Thansk so much for your input.

have you checked to see if you have a static IP assigned to that one machine. It's possible that is does and the IP is the same as say the router... That would cause a problem for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom